Monday, March 31, 2008

Having Fun Again

The weekend went much smoother & we were all a lot less cranky so that is a good thing.

A & I took the two little ones to the wave pool on Sunday & we all had a blast. The kids would go down the really big slide with us & they liked the waves too. I had not been to that pool in years so that was so much fun. First slide down I had D between my legs & thought I would stay sitting up & go slow so as not to scare him. Where the slide comes back into the building it is super dark with a very steep drop off that I forgot about, which turtled me on my back & with my extra weight we went warp speed. I tried to slow us down but that just wasn't happening. Luckily it does dump you into shallow water but the poor little guy got the full thrill of the ride first time down. It did not scare him either so he is definetely one of my kids. :) We swam for two hours & we had to drag the kids out of there finally as it was way past their nap time. D is a maniac in the water & just throws himself backwards under water, so he keeps us on our toes pulling him out. C really likes the water but is more cautious, she will go right under & blow bubbles & all that stuff but she doesn't just throw herself underwater without making sure we are there to help or catch her. I am so happy they both love the water so much. We are going to be spending lots of time at the pools.

Today was a fun day as the kids & I went & had a play date / lunch at another single mom's house. She adopted her 2nd son from Haiti (same age as D), but not from the same O. We had a lot of fun & I really enjoyed their company. I will post a photo she took of all of us when we arrived home from Haiti, as she met us at the airport too.

The photo is A holding D, R my ex-hubby (big kids Dad), me, C & B - the whole motley crew. :) First photo of all of us together. R brought B to the airport to meet us & drove us all home.

UGGGG blogger isn't letting me upload this photo - 2nd day in a row. Anyone out there know what this error message means?

ICAP Error (icap_error)


An error occurred while performing an ICAP operation: Connection failure: An error occurred while sending data to the ICAP server.
There could be a network problem, the ICAP service may be misconfigured, or the ICAP server may have reported an error.
For assistance, contact your network support team.

No comments: