Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tired............

Why does it feel like the weekend is never going to get here. I have spent the last two weekends painting. I love starting new projects but sometimes have a hard time finishing them. I am trying to get all the painting / projects completed before the kids get home. My house is not kid proof so I think this weekend my son & I will tackle that to make it safe. I just never seem to run out of projects.

Now I am cleaning out the basement to prepare for a basement renovation. Been hauling the stuff I want to keep to a storage unit & just this evening filled my living room with all the stuff I am going to donate to Women in Need. It was either renovate this place or move. I thought I would move & did make three offers & always ended up in competing offers. My offers were always conditional on the sale of my current house hence I ended up not getting any of them. I wasn't willing to sell my place first & be forced to move as there wasn't always houses I liked in my price range. The thought of moving & starting renos all over again didn't overly excite me either since most needed work. I like where I am & have done many renos over the last few years so if the 4th level / basement is finished it will add significant living space for us. I want another bathroom & a family / playroom downstairs so the big ones have somewhere to watch movies / hang with friends & the little ones have a play area.

Still no word that the kids medicals have returned from Trinidad so no update on their visas. Once we have the visas we will be able to travel. I checked flights this evening & many are sold out already on the small planes from Florida to CAP. I am tempted to book flights now but if the visas are not ready then I would be charged the change fee. I really don't want to waste money on change fees when I am taking a few months off of work. I am still hoping we will be able to pick up the kids at the end of the month or shortly there after. It is getting so close........

The next two weeks I will be busy finishing projects upstairs & emptying & moving the basement contents. We may end up having our little ones home about the same time the basement renos start. Hmmmm..... bad timing but that is the way it goes. We need the extra living space so it will be great when it is completed. Over Christmas I put in closet organizers in all the closets in the house so we are trying to maximize our storage space to make room for an additional two people & all their stuff.

My oldest daughter will be traveling with me to pick up the littles & we have to work around her school schedule as well & her rock climbing trip to the US leaving this weekend for one week. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate that my daughter has become passionate about rock climbing? I don't know why anyone would like to cling to the face of a rocky cliff by your finger tips & try to scramble up the face. I worry for her safety & just pray she doesn't get hurt. I told her if she got hurt right before we are to leave to get the littles I would kill her. hahahaha

Wow - way past my bedtime - five hours until the alarm goes off. Only one more day to work this week & then I have a four day weekend. That should help put a dent in some of my chores. Having my hair cut & colored on Saturday to hide the gray. I don't anyone to think I am in Haiti with my daugher picking up my grandchildren. I may be old but I don't have to be gray. ;)

Night

No comments: